What is happening? The automation systems used to request Microsoft Teams, Planner, Bookings, and UW Teams Roster Sync (TRS) are being upgraded to increase security and transparency.
When is it happening? Tuesday, November 15th, from 10:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
What is the impact? There will be an expected 30-minute outage of the automation systems used to request Microsoft Teams, Planner, Bookings and UW Teams Roster Sync (TRS). New requests for the impacted services can continue to be submitted via the Jira Portal during this time and will be processed once the systems are brought back into service.
Why is this happening?
- Set up each service to run as separate service accounts with unique permission to ensure:
- The minimum permissions required are exposed to create and maintain the objects
- Properly identify the service accounts creating and managing the resources
- Teams requests are completed by: UW Teams Automation
- Planner requests are completed by: UW Planner Automation
- Bookings requests are completed by: UW Booking Automation
- TRS requests are completed by: UW Teams Roster Sync
- Address an issue with Bookings accessed either via the system default username (@uofwaterloo.onmicrosoft.com) or the updated proper username (@uwaterloo.ca) creating duplicate entries on the Bookings portal page.
- Implementation of the Azure Key Vault service to enhance the security of the application and to further streamline the development process.
More information: Microsoft automation systems update
Questions or concerns? Please submit a support request via the IST Jira Help Portal.