At Renison University College, you will be living with 220 students - approximately 80% are first year students with the remaining 20% being upper year students.
Click on the tab below that describes you in order for specific instructions on how to apply for residence at Renison.
First year students
You are guaranteed a place in residence if you are admitted to a first-year program, receive an offer of admission and accept the offer no later than June 1st, 2018.
A residence offer will be included in your offer package. At that time, you will be given an opportunity to indicate your residence preference. Renison is part of the University of Waterloo's 100% guarantee. It is important to follow the process to ensure you have a space. If you would like to live in Renison University College's residence, rank us number one on the residence ranking form. Students registered academically through Social Development Studies at Renison are eligible for our living learning community and can also rank that program as a preference. Students academically registered at the College will be given preference for a space in residence if they select Renison as their first choice on the ranking form.
Make sure you complete the ranking form and submit the required $500 residence deposit no later than 11:59 pm June 1st, 2018. This will secure your place in Residence. You may also send the information via registered mail or a trackable courier service.
If you've been accepted for residence at Renison University College you'll receive an Email from the residence office during the week of June 5, 2018. This Email will include instructions to complete a personal information form and residence contract. The personal information form and contract must be completed by June 16, 2018 in order to be considered for our room allocation lottery.
How to apply to residence
Step 1 - Accept your offer of admission
Be sure to accept your program's offer of admission no later than June 1, 2018.
Step 2 - Submit your Residence Community Ranking Form
When applying for rez, your first step is to fill out the Residence Community Ranking Form (along with submitting your $500 non-refundable deposit) before 11:59 pm EDT on June 1, 2018.
Make sure to rank Renison #1 as spots tend to fill up. This form tells us that you want to live at Renison or possibly one of the other University College residences or in Waterloo Housing Residences. It also secures your spot in rez!
Step 3 - Accept your contract
Opening June 14, 2018, the eRez Life application/contract, applies only to those students who have received an acceptance email for Renison Residence!
If you are placed at Renison, you will receive an offer directly from us in your @uwaterloo.ca email account.
Step 4 - Complete your eRez Life application/contract (sent to you from Renison)
This is your chance to tell outline some of your specific residence options; your room preferences, meal plan options, roommates, and more!
Make sure you complete your eRez Life application/contract by June 21st.
Upper year students
Renison Residence is accepting applications for the Fall 2018/Winter 2019 & Fall 2018/Spring 2019 terms with consideration for the Winter 2019 term. Please complete this form to be considered for accommodation in our residence.
To apply for Renison residence as a first year student after the June 1, 2018 deadline or as an upper year student please fill out this form. If we have available space, we will contact you.
English Language Institute students
This application is not for students in an English Language Institute (ELI) program. Follow this link in order to get information specific to ELI students.