The Sandford Fleming Foundation (SFF) supports seven different competitions held each year for undergraduate engineering students at the University of Waterloo:
- Sandford Fleming Foundation Debate Competition
- Sandford Fleming Foundation Technical Speaking Competition
- Junior Design Competition
- Senior Design Competition
- Consulting Competition
- Programming Competition
- Innovative Design Competition
The first six competitions are held as part of the Waterloo Engineering Competition (WEC) during or shortly after Week 9 of the Spring and Fall calendar terms. The seventh competition is held at the start of the Winter calendar term to select the participant(s) to represent Waterloo at the Innovative Design Competition at the Ontario Engineering Competition.
Additional information concerning these competitions can be found on the Waterloo Engineering Competition website.