I am a 2nd year PhD student in Statistics at the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My supervisors are Christiane Lemieux and Marius Hofert.
- Born on March 1st, 1992, in Memmingen (Germany)
- BSc in Mathematics and Management from the University of Ulm (Germany) in 2014
- MMath in Statistics from the University of Waterloo (Canada) in 2016
- MSc in Mathematics and Management from the University of Ulm (Germany) in 2017
My research focusses on Monte Carlo and Quasi-Monte Carlo methods and their applications to multidimensional problems. I also work on copulas, in particular algorithms to simulate them and I am also interested in the development of statistical software.
- Marius Hofert, Erik Hintz and Christiane Lemieux (2018). nvmix: Multivariate Normal Variance Mixtures (Including Student's t Distribution for Non-Integer Degrees of Freedom). R package version 0.0-1. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=nvmix