Interested in how science, technology, and society interact? Find out more information about the Science and Technology in Society Teaching Group professors and the undergraduate courses they teach at the University of Waterloo.
Getting to the University of Waterloo and getting around town
Kitchener and Waterloo are two cities that are side-by-side, and often referred to as “Kitchener-Waterloo” or “KW.” If it were not for the signs you would not notice when you are traveling between them.
General University of Waterloo Information
Airport ground transportation
- Airways Transit is economical if you are sharing with 2 or more people.
- Check ground transportation links at the airports for car rental, taxi and limousine information.
- The Greyhound bus station is located in “Kitchener.”
- The Via Rail station is located in “Kitchener.”
Parking at the University of Waterloo
- When making your accommodation reservations ask about parking options, they vary by venue.
- If parking is not included with your accommodations, daily parking rates range from $4.00 to $10.00 on campus. We recommend C or P lots on this map.
Local bus service
- Grand River Transit is great for getting around the Kitchener/Waterloo area. Click the “Plan a trip!” button for excellent route planning.
Accessible taxi service in Kitchener/Waterloo