Getting to Waterloo
Many transportation options are available to reach Waterloo and the School of Optometry & Vision Science at the University of Waterloo.
Car Rental listings are available at Kitchener-Waterloo Car Rentals and Online Reservations.
Directions to the School of Optometry & Vision Science at 200 Columbia Street West (Note: If using GPS the address 180 Columbia St. W. will bring you closer to the building location on Columbia):
- From Highway 401 take exit 278 (from Toronto) or exit 278B (from London) to Highway 8 West Kitchener
- Exit at Highway 85 to Waterloo
- Exit at University Avenue West (immediately after University Avenue East exit)
- Follow University Avenue West and turn right at Phillip Street
- Turn left at Columbia Street West
- The School is located just past the railway tracks on the right side of Columbia Street
Free Parking is available in Lot X behind the School of Optometry building. Accessible parking spots are located in front of the Main Clinic entrance. Parking is also available in Lot OV for a fee ($5.00 change on exit).
Two bus lines offer bus service directly to the University of Waterloo.
Coach Canada travels between Hamilton and nearby Kitchener.
Via Rail offers a discount to University of Waterloo alumni. Please see the website for details.
Westjet flies to the Waterloo Region airport. You may also wish to compare flights to Toronto, Hamilton or London. Local taxi services and airport transportation provide transportation to and from all of these airports.
If you are flying into Toronto, please note that Pearson Airport is a shorter drive to Waterloo compared to Billy Bishop Airport. However, if you wish to take the train or bus from Toronto to Kitchener-Waterloo, you can more easily access these modes of transportation by flying into Billy Bishop Airport.
See taxi services listed under "Getting Around Waterloo" as well, as many will provide transportation to airports.
Getting Around Waterloo
- Check with your hotel, some offer shuttle services to the University.
- Grand River Transit provides local bus service in Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Elmira and St. Jacobs.
- Taxi Services: Taxis can be used around town and some will also travel to airports.
Disclaimer: This transportation information is provided for your convenience. The Conference Committee and the University of Waterloo do not recommend, guarantee or endorse any particular transportation service.