If you've transferred post-secondary schools or used another post-secondary school's Letter of Acceptance for your study permit application, you must notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) via your IRCC account.

You don't have to complete a DLI transfer when switching programs within the University of Waterloo.

If you are outside Canada

If your study permit application is in progress with a different university’s offer letter please update IRCC as soon as possible. You can do this by submitting your new offer letter from the University of Waterloo using the IRCC web form.

If your study permit application has been approved please submit a new study permit application with your new letter of acceptance from the University of Waterloo. and pay all the fees. Your new application must be processed and approved before you come to Canada.

If you are inside Canada

If you are already inside Canada and change institutions, then you can update IRCC by following the instructions for changing schools on IRCC’s webpage: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html