Hajar is pursuing her PhD program in Systems Design Engineering under the supervision of Dr. Jennifer Boger, Dr. George Shaker, and Dr. Plinio Morita. With a background in microwave imaging, antenna design and machine learning, the focus of her research is on the use of radar in the smart bed. She is developing a sensor that uses electromagnetic waves to continually monitor patients at home or hospital without visual camera.
PhD Candidate University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada Jan 2019 – Present
Babol Noshirvani University of Technology, Babol, Iran Sept 2014 - Feb 2017
Master of Science in Communication- Electromagnetic Fields & Waves
Babol Noshirvani University of Technology, Babol, Iran Sept 2009 - Sep 2014
Bachelor of Science in Communication
- Nastouh Nikkhah, Hajar Abedi and Negin Shariati, “Multi Band, Low-Profile, Meandered Loop Antenna for FM-GSM Bands,” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, (submitted).
- Nastouh Nikkhah, Bijan Zakeri and Hajar Abedi, “Extremly Electrically Small MF/HF Antenna,” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, DOI: 10.1049/iet-map.2019.0200 , Print ISSN 1751-8725, Online ISSN 1751-8733, Sep 2019.
- Hajar Abedi and Bijan Zakeri, “Through-the-Multilayered Wall Imaging Using Passive Synthetic Aperture Radar,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Volume: 57, Issue: 7, Page(s): 4181 – 4191, July 2019, DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2018.2890027.
- Hajar Abedi and Bijan Zakeri, “Point Target Localization and Imaging Based on Plane Wave Method and SAR,” Majlesi Journal of Telecommunication Devices, Volume 5, No 3, Sep. 2016.
- Reza Gholami, Bijan Zakeri, Hajar Abedi and Sina Mohseni, “Reduction of Dynamic Range Ratio through Competition Over Resources to synthesize planar array antennas,” AEU - International Journal of Electronics and Communications Volume 70, Issue 11, Pages 1522-1531, Nov. 2016.