Schulich Leader Scholarships are awarded to entrepreneurial-minded high school graduates enrolling in a science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) program at 20 partner universities across Canada. Up to 100 scholarships are available annually, valued at $120,000 each for engineering programs and $100,000 each for science, technology, or math programs.
Students must be nominated by their high school or Cégep in order to be considered for the scholarship. Each partner university may select from two to ten recipients, depending on the size of their Schulich Leader Nominee candidate pool.
Awards are valued at $100,000 over four years for students in science, technology, or math programs or $120,000 over four years for students in engineering programs
- open to students applying to eligible programs in the area science, technology, engineering, or mathematics
- must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- must meet the following criteria:
- academic excellence AND
- leadership, charisma and creativity
- strong consideration will be given to students with financial need
- must be entrepreneurial-minded and intend to pursue a career in one or more of the following focus areas:
- entrepreneurship and business enterprise
- applied scientific research.
- candidates must be STEM innovators, not activists
- not open to students pursuing studies/careers in medicine or medical research
- must be nominated by high school or Cégep by January 30, 2024
See the Schulich Leader Scholarship website for more details.
- Student Awards & Financial Aid