What is happening? We will be testing the University’s campus-wide emergency communication system.
When is this happening? Wednesday, June 2 at 11:00 a.m.
What is the impact? Emergency communication channels being tested include:
- Tweets to @UWaterloo and @WatSAFEapp
- WatSAFE mobile app
- The ‘WatSAFE Desktop Notification’ on-screen pop-up for desktops and laptops
- Portal alerts and push notifications
Messaging: The message displayed will read “TEST of the UW Emergency Notification System. During an actual emergency or threat you would receive instructions. No action is required.” More information regarding the emergency would be available at alert.uwaterloo.ca.
- Approximately 15 minutes after the test activation message is sent, a deactivation message will display, “The test of the UW Emergency Notification System is complete.”
- In the event of a real emergency during this test, please contact Police Services at 519-888-4911, or ext. 22222.
- Be sure to install the WatSAFE app on your device and WatSAFE Desktop Notification tool on your desktop/laptop to receive this test message, and more importantly, to stay informed of campus emergency situations. If you haven't yet, please download the new WatSAFE Desktop Notification client.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.