What is happening? The University of Waterloo is excited to announce the launch of WatSAFE -- a free safety and emergency notification app that provides immediate access to personal safety and campus emergency resources.
What do you need to do? Download the WatSAFE app to your BlackBerry, iPhone or Android device and explore the safety and emergency resources available, including:
- emergency contact information;
- a personal safety toolbox, including flashlight and alarm;
- safety and emergency resources;
- campus maps; and much more!
Downloading the WatSAFE app to your mobile device keeps you connected to campus, while the in-app alert and push notification features allow you to stay informed of major campus emergency events -- even when you’re on the go.
What if I don’t have a smartphone? Visit the WatSAFE website (https://uwaterloo.ca/watsafe) to access some of the safety and emergency resources found within the app.
Download WatSAFE for:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cutcom.apparmor.uwaterloo&hl=en
- BlackBerry: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59972901/?lang=en&countrycode=CA
- iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/watsafe/id1037378876?ls=1&mt=8
Questions or concerns? Visit the WatSAFE website for more information, https://uwaterloo.ca/watsafe or visit a campus IT service desk for assistance.