Welcome to Wetlands Hydrology Research Laboratory
Interested in research?
Students within the Wetlands Hydrology Research Laboratory come from a variety of backgrounds, with previous students from biology, geography, earth sciences, environmental science, civil engineering, ecology and plant sciences. Recent graduates from these research groups are working within wetlands and non-wetlands hydrology, hydrogeology, biological monitoring and work within both civil service, consultancy and management settings or further graduate study.
Please contact Jonathan S. Price with a detailed description of your background, fields of interests, level of previous study and at what institution and country. Generic inquiries will not receive a reply.
Featured press articles
- Hillslope-peatland relations in Northern Alberta (YouTube)
World Wetlands Day, University of Waterloo, February 2, 2015
- Salty wetlands danger sign for in situ oilsands projects
Edmonton Journal, January 23, 2015
- Suncor Energy opens new reclamation project: Nikanotee Fen
The Globe and Mail, August 26, 2013
- Suncor opens Fen in industry first
Fort McMurray Today, August 27, 2013
- Reclamation: Suncor plants fen at oil sands mine
Canadian Mining Journal, August 27, 2013
- Oil Sands Reclamation: Pipe Dream or Reality?
Alberta Prime Time, March 22, 2012
- Waterloo expert leading unprecedented project to rebuild peatlands in oil sands country
Exchange Magazine, March 16, 2012
- June 17, 2017
Jon gave the final day plenary talk at the 2017 Canadian Geophysical Union (CGU) and Canadian Society of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology (CSAFM) Joint Annual meeting at University of British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver, British Colombia in May with his presentation titled 'Breaking Bad: Wetlands in need of a fix'.
- Jan. 1, 2017
Happy World Wetlands Day everyone!
- Jan. 1, 2017