The University of Waterloo and United Nation's International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) are partnering together to offer an introductory course on aviation: "Fundamentals of the Air Transport System".
Designed by UWaterloo professor Suzanne Kearns, vice-chair of ICAO’s Next Generation of Aviation Professionals (NGAP), the course will help train the next generation of aviators as possible global pilot shortage looms.
- Free online course titled “Fundamentals of the Air Transport System”
- Course represents a partnership between ICAO and the University of Waterloo
- 9 modules of content, each ranging from 40 to 90 minutes in duration, all free to complete
- Those wishing to access the exam can pay a fee of $100 USD and, upon passing the exam, will be issued an ICAO/Waterloo Certificate of Completion
- See the “Fundamentals of the Air Transport System” online course flyer (PDF)
- "Fundamentals of the Air Transport System" e-learning course is now available on the ICAO website (registration required)