Welcome to the EdTech Hub
Educational technologies, or EdTech, are digital technology tools used to deliver and facilitate learning, learning activities, and aid in creating or disseminating content. The EdTech Hub pulls together information regarding our centrally supported EdTech tools to help you decide which EdTech tool(s) may suit your use and how or where to get support.
What you'll find on this site
- Explore the centrally supported EdTech available now
- Visual representation of EdTech Ecosystem tools
- Learn more about implementing and working with these tools
- Review EdTech initiatives
- Find out how decisions about EdTech are made
- Join a community of instructors and support areas in the EdTech Forum (hosted in Teams) for discussions and knowledge sharing
Supporting teaching and learning at Waterloo
The EdTech Hub is primarily supported by members of three collaborative groups:
- IST’s Instructional Technologies and Media Services
- Centre for Teaching Excellence
- Centre for Extended Learning
- Subject matter experts from other campus areas
We focus on helping you integrate technology into teaching and learning.
Resources for instructors
- View the Learning Management System Review project recommendations
- Guidance on use of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Web conferencing tools you may be considering for any synchronous, recorded, or lecture streaming events within your course
- Centrally supported EdTech tools
- Microsoft 365 apps (e.g., Teams, OneDrive, Stream)
- Electronic classrooms
- IST Service Catalogue | Teaching, Learning, and Research services (available services)
- IST Knowledge Base | Teaching, Learning, and Research resources (support/how-to articles)
Final report available and LEARN Improvement initiative announced.
This seminar will address the M365 change process and upcoming M365 changes, with focus on the February 20th switch to New Teams.
The newest version of Microsoft Teams will be enabled for University of Waterloo clients beginning Tuesday, February 20, as Microsoft is retiring the classic version of Teams on March 31, 2024.