Welcome to the EdTech Hub
Educational technologies, or EdTech, are digital technology tools used to deliver and facilitate learning, learning activities, and aid in creating or disseminating content. The EdTech Hub pulls together information regarding our centrally supported EdTech tools to help you decide which EdTech tool(s) may suit your use and how or where to get support.
What you'll find on this site
- Explore the centrally supported EdTech available now
- Visual representation of EdTech Ecosystem tools
- Learn more about implementing and working with these tools
- Review EdTech initiatives
- Find out how decisions about EdTech are made
- Join a community of instructors and support areas in the EdTech Forum (hosted in Teams) for discussions and knowledge sharing
Supporting teaching and learning at Waterloo
The EdTech Hub is primarily supported by members of three collaborative groups:
- IST’s Instructional Technologies and Media Services
- Centre for Teaching Excellence
- Centre for Extended Learning
- Subject matter experts from other campus areas
We focus on helping you integrate technology into teaching and learning.
After careful review and analysis of the Learning Management System (LMS) project findings, the project team has recommended continued use of LEARN (D2L’s Brightspace), with a focus on improving the platform as it relates to the learning experience.
Important message for students regarding issues accessing digital course materials purchased through W Store.
Updated details and information regarding migration of videos from Stream (Classic) to Stream (on SharePoint).