There is always something exciting happening at Waterloo Engineering. Bringing people together is an essential component of our global engineering network and each year more than 100 events ranging from Capstone Design Symposiums and alumni reunions to recruitment open houses, Hack The North, faculty receptions and industry sessions are held across the Engineering campus. Now with E7, this signature Event Space will be “the it place” for these happenings. From sit-down dinners to cocktail receptions, you’ll always meet someone interesting here!
Please note - The E7 Event and Pitch Spaces are for Faculty of Engineering Events and can be booked by our Faculty, Staff and Students vis the Events Manager. Groups from outside the faculty will be considered on a case by case basis and approved by the Events Manager.
1. Event Space
The Event Space, located on the 2nd floor, is a 3300 sq. ft. open area flexible for all types of events. It features an state-of-the-art AV system, frosted glass walls and electrical and networking ports all along the floor for ease of use. To maintain the openness and flexibility of the space there is no furniture in the space; so the event host will need to arrange their rentals to suit their event needs.
2. The Pitch Space
This space is a 875 sq. ft. room located just down the corridor from the event space. This space is set theatre style with chairs and large screens at each end of the room. The chairs can be stacked off ot the side but cannot be removed from the space without permission from the Faculty Events Manager.
- The E7 Event Space and Pitch spaces are for use by Faculty, Staff and Students of the Faculty of Engineering. These spaces can only be booked at the start of each term. Special considerations can be requested via the Faculty Events Manager.
- All events should take place in the E7 Event Space or Pitch Space. The atrium is only bookable for larger Faculty or University events with the exception of group hosting booths that rely on traffic.
- If a internal group or department is booking on behalf of a third party, this must be disclosed at the time of booking. Also someone from the internal group/department must remain onsite for third party events.
- Multiple day events will require paid security or at your own risk for equipment and supplies left out overnight.
- Any missing equipment or damages to the space / equipment will be the responsibility of the event host and an account number is required all bookings. This includes damages caused by guests or vendors.
- It is up to the event host to arrange to pick-up and return the keyfob for the equipment storage room.
- Tables, chairs and AV eqipment belonging to the event space cannot be left our overnight and must be put back in the storage space.
- If food is served the event host is responsible for initiating a plant ops work request for cleaning. Work request number must be sent to the Events Manager in advance of the event.
- The event space does not have a kitchen so the event host will need to make sure caterers are aware and book an alternative room for staging if required.
- The spaces are to be put back exactly as found. The storage and care of items left behind in the space by guests are the responsibility of the event host.
- The event host is responsible for his/her own vendors and vendor relations and must ensure rentals/equipment are moved out of the space within their allotted booking time.
- The event host is responsible for the AV system and, in advance of their event, should learn how to operate it. Day-of support isn't necessarily available.
- If alcohol is going to be served/sold at the event it must be served/sold by UW Catering. As per the University’s liquor permit.
To book the space please email Kari Griffiths and include the date, time, name of the event and which space you'd like booked.
When choosing your end date/time please consider the pickup of catering and rentals. Your booking should end after the space is clear of these items.
Floor Plans + Layouts
To help with your event planning the floor plans have been laid out below. These plans have been completed by Plant Operations and adhere to fire code.
1. Event Space Banquet Style Layout
2. Event Space Tradeshow Style
3. Event Space Theatre Style
4. Pitch Area Theatre Style
University bookings has items for use including exam tables, folding tables, rolling poster boards, chairs, stage, podium, stanchions, and coat racks. Please contact Donna Schell email@example.com to book these items and Donna will arrange central stores to deliver and pick up the items. Please make sure these items are not delivered before your booking starts or picked up after your booking ends.
If you require additional rentals contact ABC Part Rentals - http://abcpartytime.com or another vendor of your choice.
Food and Beverage Service
Event hosts must arrange their own catering. Please note that all alcohol must be served by UW Catering as per the University's Liquor Permit.
All events that serve food of any kind must book a cleaning for the space with Plant Ops. You can find the work request here.
You can find the contact info and menus for UW Food Services here.
If you require parking for any of your guests, please contact parking services to arrange. Parking is not free on campus and your guests can be ticketed or towed if parking is not arranged in advance.
Custodial / Garbage / Plant Operations
If your event falls on a weekend you are required to book custodial staff to clean prior to Monday morning. There is a charge for this so please budget for it in your event costs. You book this via a plant ops work request.
If you require additional garbage pails or recycling/compost bins you can do so through a plant ops work request.