The Renison English Language Institute (ELI) offers virtual events that are open to all members of our Renison community. Past, present, and future Renison ELI students are all welcome to join our virtual events!
All virtual event links will be posted on this page.
Does the event ask you for a passcode?
If Zoom asks you for a passcode for any of our events, try "Renison".
Upcoming Virtual Events
- Part-Time Job Workshop - Thursday, August 3, 9pm - 10pm Eastern Daylight Time (Friday, August 4, 9am - 10am China Standard Time)
Important Notes about our Virtual Events
- Time Zones: All times listed on our events page and calendars are in Eastern Time (ET), the local time zone for Waterloo. Visit the Time Zone Converter to find out what time the event is happening in your part of the world!
- Online Platform: Most of our events will be held on Zoom. However, please note that some events may use Bongo, WebEx or Microsoft Teams. Please make sure you have downloaded the software needed to attend the events. If an event listed above does not mention the platform, you can assume it will held on Zoom.
- Display Your Name When You Enter: When you join our virtual events, please make sure your Zoom account displays your name. This helps us know who you are and makes participation easier for everyone. Thank you!
- Event Recordings: We sometimes record our virtual events. These recordings may be used for future educational or promotional purposes. These recordings typically feature shared screens and conversations. If you have questions or concerns about the recordings, please contact email@example.com.
Everyone is welcome to join us for events listed in our Events Calendar. Note that Renison hosts both virtual and in-person events.
Events Calendar for Members of the Renison Community
Accessibility / Accommodations
It is our goal to make our virtual events welcoming, accessible, and inclusive to all members of our Renison community. If you plan to attend a future event and have an accommodation request, please contact Ryan Connell, Assistant Director, Housing & Student Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org.