The Renison English Language Institute is pleased to offer online virtual events that are open to all members of our Renison community. No matter if you studied with us in the past, are currently studying at Renison, or would like to study with us in the future, we warmly welcome you to join us for our virtual events that happen each month.
Learn more about our events by visiting our Events feed on our Renison English Language Institute Facebook Page.
Below, we are pleased to provide you with a convenient list of links to immediately click into our online events and workshops.
This Week's Events
For the Week of October 19 - 23
- Tapping Tuesday with Renison Counsellor Reta - Tuesday, October 20, 1:00pm - 1:30pm EDT on Microsoft Teams
- Renison Bingo - Wednesday, October 21, 10:30am - 12:00pm EDT
- Drop-in Meditation with Renison Counsellor Jannah - Thursday, October 22, 10:00am - 10:45am EDT
- Delving Deeper with Chaplain Megan - Thursday, October 22, 10:30am - 11:30am EDT on Discord
- Conversation Hang-out - Thursday, October 22, 11:00am - 12:00pm EDT
For the Week of October 26 - 30
- Pronunciation Games Workshop - Monday, October 26, 11:00am - 11:45am EDT
- Tea and Questions with Chaplain Megan - Monday, October 26, 12:00pm - 1:00pm EDT on Discord
- Tapping Tuesday with Renison Counsellor Reta - Tuesday, October 27, 1:00pm - 1:30pm EDT on Microsoft Teams
- Virtual Cross-Canada Bus Trip - Wednesday, October 28, 10:30am - 12:00pm EDT
- Stress Relief Skills with Renison Counsellor Jannah - Thursday, October 29, 10:00am - 11:00am EDT
- Conversation Hang-out - Special Halloween Edition - Thursday, October 29, 11:00am - 12:00pm EDT
- Mature Student Online Coffee Chat - Thursday, October 29, 1:00pm - 2:00pm EDT
- ELI Some Good News - Vlog Volunteer Team Meeting - Friday, October 30, 11:00am - 12:00pm EDT
Important Notes about our Virtual Events
- Time Zones: All times listed on our events calendars are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Visit the Time Zone Converter to find out what time the event is happening in your city!
- Online Platform: Most of our events will have through Zoom. However, please note that some events may also happen through Bongo, WebEx or Microsoft Teams. Please ensure you have downloaded any appropriate software in order to attend the events. If an event list above does not mention the platform, you can assume it will happen through Zoom.
- Display Your Name When You Enter: When you join any of the virtual events, please ensure your Zoom account displays your name. This will help us to ensure we can accept you as you wait in the waiting room. Thank you!
- Event Recordings: We may occasionally record our events and workshops via Zoom. These recordings will be used for future educational or promotional purposes. These recordings will typically feature the shared screens and conversations. If you have questions/concerns about the recordings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is welcome to join us at the events you see in our community events calendar. Join us!
Zoom & Bongo Tutorials
Don't know how to use Zoom or Bongo?
Our helpful video tutorial can help you to set up your own account for Zoom or how to log into Bongo so you can join our events!