Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches and Physics, HL recommended and minimum 4 in each. Chemistry and English A, minimum 4 in each. One other HL or SL course, minimum 4. Total 32. 6s and 7s recommended. For admission, students are selected on an individual basis.
- IB diploma required with six total IB courses; at least three must be HL.
- Total scores exclude diploma points. Subjects required for admission to specific programs should be HL whenever possible.
- For programs which require more than three subjects for admission, SL courses will be accepted.
- For programs requiring HL or SL English A, we will accept HL English B with minimum of 5.
- An Admission Information Form is required for admission to this program. We'll email you detailed instructions once we receive your application.
- Experience developing modular programs through courses, contests, projects, or a job is required.
- Participation in a programming contest, such as the Canadian Computing Competition, is helpful to include on your AIF.
- You're also encouraged to write the Euclid Mathematics Contest as good background; however, this will not affect your application to Software Engineering.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to meet our English language requirements.
- Required courses that are more than two or three years old may need to be updated. Email the admissions office for more information.
For more information
- Learn more about Software Engineering.
- Download or request a Faculty of Engineering brochure.
- Sign up for tips and advice from current Waterloo students.