Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches and Physics (HL recommended), minimum 4 in each. Chemistry and English A, minimum 4 in each. One other HL or SL course, minimum 4. Total 32. 6s and 7s recommended for competitive programs. For admission, students are selected on an individual basis.
- Six total IB courses; at least three must be HL.
- Total scores exclude Diploma points. Subjects required for admission to specific programs should be HL whenever possible.
- Where there are more than three subjects required for admission, SL courses will be accepted.
- For programs requiring HL or SL English A, HL English B with minimum 5 will be accepted.
- An Admission Information Form is required for admission to this program. We'll email you detailed instructions once we receive your application.
- Experience in developing well-structured, modular programs is required. You will be asked to explain your programming experience on the Admission Information Form.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to meet our English language requirements.
- Required courses that are two to three years old may need to be updated. Email the admissions office for more information.
For more information
- Learn more about Software Engineering.
- Download or request a Faculty of Engineering brochure.
- Sign up for tips and advice from current Waterloo students.