Abraham Marshall Nunbogu completed his PhD in the Department of Geography and Environmental Management at the University of Waterloo. He is currently a postdoctoral fellow working on the Oxford funded project Water Security and Gender Based Violence.
Abraham holds a MSc in Environmental and Infrastructure Planning from University of Groningen, Netherlands and a BSc in Development Planning from KNUST, Ghana. Abraham has worked on multi-partner WASH projects involving local communities and development organizations in Ghana. His research interest is within a broader context of environment and health, WASH and urban planning. His interest in WASH has informed his PhD research which seeks to examine the relationship between water and sanitation access and psychosocial health. He is a recipient of the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarship.
- Nunbogu A.M., Korah, I.P, Cobbinah P. B. & Poku-Boansi M. (2017) Doing it ‘ourselves’: Civic initiatives and self-governance in spatial planning. Cities. doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2017.10.022
- Korah, I. P., Cobbinah, P.B. & Nunbogu, A.M (2017). Spatial Plans in Ghana: Exploring the contradictions. Planning Practice and Research
- Agbenyo, F. Nunbogu, A.M. & Donzagla, A. (2017). Accessibility Mapping of Health facilities in Rural Ghana, Transport and Health, Elsevier.
- Nunbogu A.M & Korah I. P. (2016). Self-organisation in urban spatial planning: Evidence from the Greater Accra Metropolitan Area, Ghana. Urban Research and Practice, DOI: 10.1080/17535069.2016.1238502
- Korah, I. P., Cobbinah, P.B., Nunbogu, A.M & Gyogluu, S. (2016). Spatial Plans and Urban Development Trajectory in Kumasi, Ghana, GeoJournal, Springer, DOI 10.1007/s10708-016-9731-1
- Naab F.Z., Nunbogu A.M., Dinye R. D. & Dongzagla A. (2016). Resettlement and livelihood sustainability in Sub-Saharan Africa; the case of Bui-hydro-power Dam project, GhanaJournal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering Vol.10, no. 5, pp.1724-1732
- Gyireh F. P., & Nunbogu A.M. (2015). Sustainable Management of Flood Disasters in the Upper East Region, Ghana, Journal of Development and Sustainability, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 549-562
- Nunbogu A. M. (2015). Sustainable Infrastructure Planning: a comparative Perspective for Integrated Local Road Infrastructure Planning in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands, Journal of Development and Sustainability, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 650-660
- O'Hearn, S., Nunbogu, A., Manjang, B. & Abu, T. Water security at the intersection of health and governance. Canadian Conference on Global Health, Ottawa, Ontario. October 16th - 19th, 2019.