- Master of Science, Health and Rehabilitation Science (Health Promotion), University of Western Ontario (2018)
- Double Major Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Geography and Political Science, University of Western Ontario (2016)
- Built Environment
- Urban Health
- Environment Psychology
- Youth Health
My research investigates the pathways by which different urban environments, characteristics, and designs impact the mental health and wellbeing of adolescents using neuroscientific, statistical, and qualitative methods. Additionally, I am interested in youth physical activity (e.g., active transportation), public health planning policy, and intervention-based research. Outside of my planning and public health interests, and as a student currently enrolled in the Certificate in University Teaching program, I am also interested in the topics of student resilience and motivation.
All of Adrian's publications can be found here: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=IwC4DcIAAAAJ&hl=en
- Buttazzoni, A. N., Clark, A. F., Seabrook, J. A., & Gilliland, J. A. (2019). Promoting active school travel in elementary schools: A regional case study of the school travel planning intervention. Journal of Transport & Health, 12, 206-219.
- Buttazzoni, A., Arku, G., & Cleave, E. (2019). Practitioners’ perspectives on in-house versus arm’s-length structures of local economic development delivery in Ontario, Canada. Local Government Studies, 45(6), 913-936.
- Buttazzoni, A., Tariq, U., Thompson-Haile, A., Burkhalter, R., Cooke, M., & Minaker, L. (2020). Cannabis use and stigma among Canadian high school students: Results from the 2015 and 2017 Cancer Risk Assessment in Youth Survey. Addictive Behaviors, 106547.
- Buttazzoni, A., Veenhof, M., & Minaker, L. (2020). Smart City and High-Tech Urban Interventions Targeting Human Health: An Equity-Focused Systematic Review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(7), 2325.
- Buttazzoni A., Youth mental health and the urban environment: A review of relevant concepts, theories, methods, and current approaches, and a way forward. Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning,* November 6, 2020, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (*virtual conference)
- Panelist for the “STEC Scholarship Panel Event”. Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo. September 17, 2020, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. (*virtual panel discussion)
- Buttazzoni A., Coen SE, and Gilliland J. Supporting Active School Travel: A Qualitative Analysis of Implementing a Regional Safe Routes to School Program (Poster Presentation). London Health Research Day, May 10, 2018, London, ON.
- Buttazzoni A., ELMO ASRTS Program Evaluation (2016-2018). Elgin-St.Thomas-London-Middlesex-Oxford Active and Safe Routes to School 2nd Annual Knowledge Exchange, April 10, 2018, London ON.
- Buttazzoni A., Shah T, and Gilliland J. The Use of GIS and Spatial Methods in Active School Travel Research: A Rapid Review. ESRI: GIS in Education and Research Conference, October 11, 2017, Toronto ON.
- Buttazzoni A., and Arku G. In-house vs Arms-length? A Comparative Analysis of Economic Development Models in Ontario, Canada. UWO Geography Course 3465F, Oct 6, 2016, London, ON.
- Buttazzoni A., and Arku G. In-house vs Arms-length? A Comparative Analysis of Economic Development Models in Ontario, Canada. Canadian Association of Geographers – Ontario (CAGONT) Conference, October 23-24, 2015, Ottawa, ON.