- Master of Digital Experience Innovation, University of Waterloo
- Honours Bachelor of Arts, English, Rhetoric and Professional Writing with a Digital Media Studies Specialization, University of Waterloo
- Plant-based food environments
- Health and environmental sustainability
- Climate change
- Healthy and sustainable food systems
- Smart cities and smart agricultural planning
My research area focuses on food systems sustainability with a particular attention to plant-based food environments for the purpose of health promotion and environmental sustainability.
- Buttazzoni, A., Veenhof, M. & Minaker, L. (2020). Smart City and High-Tech Urban Interventions Targeting Human Health: An Equity-Focused Systematic Review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(7), 2325. doi: 10.3390/ijerph17072325
- Veenhof, M. & Minaker, L. (2020). Resilient Food Systems in the Region of Waterloo. Engage Region of Waterloo. Retrieved from: https://www.engagewr.ca/regional-official-plan
- Veenhof, M., McCarthy, G., Anderson, C., & Minaker, L. (2020, November). Planning for Health and Equity in Canadian Provinces, Territories, and Ontario's Cities: A Content Analysis of Canadian Planning Legislation, Ontario Growth Plans and Ontario Official Plans. Paper presented at the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, 2020 Virtual Conference.
- Veenhof, M. & Minaker, L. (2020, August). Resilient Food Systems in the Waterloo Region. Region of Waterloo and University of Waterloo Symposium on Implications of COVID-19 for the Regional Official Plan. Waterloo, ON. Available online: https://youtu.be/b-eV_UmHUQk?t=10268
- Veenhof, M. (2019, October). Guest Lecture: Business Letters. University of Waterloo PLAN 102 Professional Communication Course, Waterloo, ON.
- Lambe, M., & Veenhof, M. (2019, May). It’s All About the Video: The Value of Video in Marketing Residence Accommodations to Gen-Z Students During Post-Secondary Education. Marketing Advisory Board, Waterloo, ON.
- Veenhof, M. (2019, February). The Impact of Student Storytellers: How Students Living in Residence Influence Prospective Students on Social Media in Making the Decision Whether or Not to Live in Residence. Marketing Advisory Board, Waterloo, ON.