Early August 2019:
- Program details available on CGS D Program website/NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship website and NSERC’s online application portal is open.
As soon as possible - September 19, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. (EST):
- Applicants apply online through NSERC's online application portal and identify email@example.com as the transcript designate. (Further instructions available on Waterloo’s NSERC Doctoral Scholarships main web page).Deadline for students to assign the transcript designate is Thursday, September 19 at 3:00 p.m. (EST). Last requests will not be processed.
September 19, 2019 – October 17, 2019:
- Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) locates all requested transcripts using their systems and merges all transcripts into one PDF document which is uploaded to the student’s online application. (Note: Students are unable to submit their application until transcripts are uploaded.)
October 17, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. (EST):
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION THROUGH NSERC’s ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL – Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered, even though the system may allow you to submit.
- Applicants are unable to submit their applications until they are complete (which includes transcripts and references letters). Applicants must “submit” to complete the application process.
As soon as possible - October 18, 2019
- GSPA saves each NSERC application to department folders in SharePoint.
- GSPA prepares spreadsheets for departments by end of day on October 18, 2019.
October 21 – October 30, 2019:
- Departments review and rank their applications in SharePoint.
- NOTE: GSPA will only be confirming eligibility for those applications recommended for endorsement by the university-wide scholarship selection committee.
- Departments complete and save a copy of their ranking sheets to SharePoint for GSPA use by October 30, 2019.
October 30, 2019:
- Deadline for departments to upload their completed spreadsheets with rankings to SharePoint.
November 1 - 8, 2019:
- GSPA gives access to the institutional selection committee members in order to review the applications that will be discussed at the selection meeting on November 14, 2019.
- Selection committee members complete and save a copy of their ranking sheets to SharePoint for GSPA use by November 8, 2019.
November 14, 2019:
- Institutional selection committee meeting to determine applicants selected for endorsement.
November 14 - 20, 2019:
- GSPA to confirm eligibility of endorsed applicants and notify applicants of corrections required.
November 20 - 21, 2019:
- GSPA to forward recommended applications to agency based on NSERC-assigned quota.
November 22 - December 2019:
- GSPA to notify department graduate co-ordinators and applicants of the application status.
- NSERC to release results to applicants and institutions. If applicants contact information (email) changes after submitting their application they must inform NSERC by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2020.
August 2, 2019