Early August 2020:
- Program details available on CGS D Program website/NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship website and NSERC’s online application portal is open.
As soon as possible - September 18, 2020:
- Applicants apply online through NSERC's online application portal and identify email@example.com as the transcript designate. (Further instructions available on Waterloo’s NSERC Doctoral Scholarships main web page).Deadline for students to assign the transcript designate is Friday, September 18. Last requests will not be processed.
September 19, 2020 – October 16, 2020:
- Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) locates all requested transcripts using their systems and merges all transcripts into one PDF document which is uploaded to the student’s online application. (Note: Students are unable to submit their application until transcripts are uploaded.)
October 17, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. (ET):
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION THROUGH NSERC’s ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL – Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered, even though the system may allow you to submit.
- Applicants are unable to submit their applications until they are complete (which includes transcripts and references letters). Applicants must “submit” to complete the application process.
As soon as possible - October 20, 2020
- GSPA saves each NSERC application to department folders in SharePoint.
- GSPA prepares spreadsheets for departments by end of day on October 20, 2020.
October 21 – October 28, 2020:
- Departments review and rank their applications in SharePoint.
- NOTE: GSPA will only be confirming eligibility for those applications recommended for endorsement by the university-wide scholarship selection committee.
- Departments complete and save a copy of their ranking sheets to SharePoint for GSPA use by October 28, 2020.
October 28, 2020:
- Deadline for departments to upload their completed spreadsheets with rankings to SharePoint.
November 2 - 9, 2020:
- GSPA gives access to the institutional selection committee members in order to review the applications that will be discussed at the selection meeting on November 13, 2020.
- Selection committee members complete and save a copy of their ranking sheets to SharePoint for GSPA use by November 9, 2020.
November 13, 2020:
- Institutional selection committee meeting to determine applicants selected for endorsement.
November 16 - 20, 2020:
- GSPA to confirm eligibility of endorsed applicants and notify applicants of corrections required.
November 20 - 21, 2020:
- GSPA to forward recommended applications to agency based on NSERC-assigned quota.
November 23 - December 2020:
- GSPA to notify department graduate co-ordinators and applicants of the application status.
- NSERC to release results to applicants and institutions. If applicant’s contact information (email) changes after submitting their application they must inform NSERC by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2021.
August 26, 2020