At a glance:
Minimum admission requirements
- Admission to the program is based upon the student's academic record and evidence of ability to pursue independent research.
- Normally a Master of Applied Science (MASc) degree from the University of Waterloo or an equivalent degree in engineering, applied science or mathematics from a university of recognized standing with an 83% average.
- At the time of admission, each student must have a faculty supervisor who has endorsed the recommendation for admission.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 80 (writing 22, speaking 20, reading 20, listening 18) IELTS 6.5 (writing 6.0, speaking 6.0)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $470.90 incidental fees per term (as of January 2020)
- International students, full-time: $6,972.00 tuition and $682.90 incidental fees per term (as of January 2020)
- Study and living costs
- January 11, 2020 (for admission in September 2020)
- Admission to this program is extremely competitive. Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their application package by January 11 for priority consideration. The final deadline for completed application packages is February 1.
- June 1, 2020 (for admission in January 2021)
- October 1, 2020 (for admission in May 2021)