At a glance:
- January 11 (for admission in September)
- Admission to this program is extremely competitive. Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their application package by January 11 for priority consideration. The final deadline for completed application packages is February 1.
- June 1 (for admission in January of the following year)
- October 1 (for admission in May of the following year)
Minimum admission requirements
- Admission to the program is based upon the student's academic record and evidence of ability to pursue independent research.
- Normally an overall standing equivalent to 83% in either a relevant thesis-based Master’s degree or a University of Waterloo Master of Engineering (MEng) degree that includes a completed ECE 699 Master of Engineering Project course.
- At the time of admission, each student must have a faculty supervisor who has endorsed the recommendation for admission.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 80 (writing 22, speaking 20, reading 20, listening 18) IELTS 6.5 (writing 6.0, speaking 6.0)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $491.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- International students, full-time: $7,182.00 tuition and $703.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- Study and living costs