At a glance:
- January 15, 2021 (for admission in September 2021)
Minimum admission requirements
- Normally an Honours Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Sociology with at least a 78% overall standing.
- A statement of academic interest (approximately a page, outlining areas of interest and reasons for choosing to study at the University of Waterloo).
- Results from the General Section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (optional).
- Three academic references
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $491.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- International students, full-time: $7,254.00 tuition and $703.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- Due to funding restrictions, the Faculty of Arts is currently limiting the number of international students we can admit. Please contact the department's Associate Chair, Graduate Studies prior to applying to discuss your interest in this program.
- Study and living costs