Hosting a Heritage Resources Centre workshop
Annually, the Heritage Resources Centre (HRC) offers a series of workshops related to heritage planning in Ontario. We host these workshops on weekends in different locations in Ontario to provide better access for volunteers, planners and students across the province. Many of these workshops are hosted by local organizations. If you are interested in hosting a workshop please check out our brochure (PDF) and email email@example.com.
Register for a workshop
Unless otherwise stated all workshops will take place over one weekend (two days) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. See registration form (DOC).
There are no upcoming workshops scheduled at the moment.
2013 workshop schedule
- August 15/16 - Huntsville - Two-day Heritage Planning Workshop
- October 7/8 - Thunder Bay - Two-day Heritage Planning Workshop
2012 workshop schedule
- March 25 and 26 - Heritage Conservation Districts - Stratford (PDF)
- April 14 and 15 - Architectural styles - St. Marys (PDF)
- September 22 and 23 - Architectural styles workshop - Leamington (PDF)
2011 workshop schedule
- March 5 and 6 – Heritage Conservation Districts – University of Waterloo
- April 2 and 3 - Energy and Heritage buildings workshop (PDF) – Kitchener
- May 28 and 29 – Architectural styles workshop (PDF) - Oakville
- June 18 and19 – Cultural heritage landscapes workshops (PDF) - Prince Edward County
- September – Literature and Heritage
- October 22 and 23 and November 5 and 6 - Four-day heritage planning workshop (PDF) (cost $350) - Kingston
Winter 2011 lunch and learns
- See the lunch and learn brochure (DOC).
Summer 2011 - Cotswolds, U.K.
For the second year in a row the HRC is organizing a study trip to the Cotswolds, U.K. We are planning the trip for the summer of 2011, June 20-25. If you are interested please email email@example.com to be put on the U.K. mailing list.
Please note that deposits ($500) are now being accepted to reserve spaces on a first come, first served basis. See the Cotswolds, U.K. brochure (PDF).
2010 workshop schedule
The Heritage Resources Centre hosted our four-day Heritage Planning Workshop over two weekends in the Fall 2010. The workshop took place in Hamilton at the Steam and Technology Museum October 23 and 24 as well as November 6 and 7. Photos from the workshop.
2009 and earlier workshops
- Mississauga workshop 2009
- Goderich workshop 2008
- Cultural Heritage Landscapes Workshop 2004
- Fryfogel Tavern Conservation Workshop 2003
- Understanding the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) 2003
- Solving ATV conflicts