WINGSS is a society for all graduate students researching nanotechnology, and/or pursuing a degree option in nanotechnology at the University of Waterloo. Founded in 2014, we are committed to developing better interaction and community among nanotechnology graduate students across all departments.
The goals of WINGSS are to:
- Organize social events and promote interaction and communication among nanotechnology grad students
- Participate in the development of policies related to the Nanotechnology graduate degree option
- Provide graduate student representation to the Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN)
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay up to date with current news.
Here is the 2019-2020 executive team.
- VP Academic: Muhammad Shahidul Islam; PhD, Chemical Engineering
- Co-President: Anand Lopez; PhD, Chemistry
- Co-President: Monika Snowdon; PhD, Chemistry
- VP External: Mohammad Soltani; PhD, Electrical Engineering
- VP Finance: Position open! Currently filled by Anand Lopez
- VP Social: Position open! Currently filled by Monika Snowdon
For general inquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov. 23, 2019
Thank you to our panelists: Dr. Adam Bergren from NRC, Ms Carley Miki from Mirexus Biotechnologies and Mr. John Riddick from Calbeck Consulting!
Moderator: Camilia Nunez from Concept/Velocity!
Thanks to all the attendees at the Waterloo Nanotechnology Conference 2019 for joining us and asking great questions, as well as the WNC executives team for running such a great event!!
- Aug. 9, 2019
We are pleased to have Jennifer Moon as our graduate student interviewee! We recently caught up with her to see what she's working on and to get advice for other grad students. Thanks Jennifer!
- Oct. 29, 2018