WINGSS is a society for all graduate students researching nanotechnology, and/or pursuing a degree option in nanotechnology at the University of Waterloo. Founded in 2014, we are committed to developing better interaction and community among nanotechnology graduate students across all departments.
The goals of WINGSS are to:
- Organize social events and promote interaction and communication among nanotechnology grad students
- Participate in the development of policies related to the Nanotechnology graduate degree option
- Provide graduate student representation to the Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN)
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay up to date with current news.
Here is the 2017-2018 executive team.
Left to right:
- Andrew Holmes: PhD, Chem Eng (VP Finance)
- Paul Chen: PhD, Chem Eng (VP External)
- David Wulff: PhD, Chem Eng (VP Academic)
- Pendar Mahmoudi: PhD, Chem Eng (VP Social)
- Jonathan Atkinson: PhD, ECE (President)
For general inquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apr. 6, 2018
Come out to our monthly pancake breakfast! We have pancakes, coffee, and tea!
- Feb. 1, 2018
We are pleased to have Hadi Hosseinzadeh Khaligh as our next WINGSS alumni interviewee! We recently caught up with him to see what he's up to now and to hear what advice he has for grad students. Thanks Hadi!
- Jan. 3, 2018
We are pleased to have Tim Leshuk as our very first graduate student interviewee! We recently caught up with him to see what he's working on and to get some advice he has for other grad students. Thanks Tim!
- Dec. 4, 2017
We are pleased to have Sarah (LeBlanc) Strathearn as our very first alumni network interviewee! We recently caught up with her to get her thoughts on grad school and to see what she's up to now. Thanks Sarah!