Update: 100% placement of all students for the Winter 2019 work term
MTax students are ready to interview for a September 2020 four-month practice term.
Students have sufficient knowledge to assist your tax group in the following areas:
- Tax compliance & provision work.
- Special project work including related tax research.
- Dealing with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) auditors.
Students have a business degree from an undergraduate program in which they have achieved a high academic standard. Many have prior tax or accounting related work experience.
Before the September 2020 work term, they will have completed course work in the following:
- Taxation of Corporations
- Introduction to Business Structuring
- Tax Policy
- An Introduction to the Accounting for Income Taxes
- Tax Planning for the Owner-Manager/Executive
- Tax Risk Management (Accounting for income taxes/corporate governance)
- Introduction to International Tax
- Tax Research and Statutory Interpretation
Hiring a student provides you with an opportunity to hire a competent specialized tax professional upon graduation in May 2019 if desired.
The following link provides detailed information on the program; MTax brochure 2020 . If you have an interest or would like further information please contact:
If you are interested in hiring a student for his/her second work term starting September 2020 please contact:
Business Development Officer
Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 32792
We also have MTax alumni who may be looking for full-time employment opportunities.
If you have an interest or would like further information please contact: