Update: 100% placement of all students for the Winter 2024 co-op term
MTax students are ready to interview for a September 2023 four-month co-op term.
Students have sufficient knowledge to assist your tax group in the following areas:
- Tax compliance & provision work.
- Special project work including related tax research.
- Dealing with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) auditors.
Students have a business degree from an undergraduate program in which they have achieved a high academic standard. Many have prior tax or accounting related work experience.
Before the September 2023 co-op term, they will have completed course work in the following:
- Taxation of Corporations
- Introduction to Business Structuring
- Tax Policy
- An Introduction to the Accounting for Income Taxes
- Tax Planning for the Owner-Manager/Executive
- Tax Risk Management (Accounting for income taxes/corporate governance)
- Introduction to International Tax
- Tax Research and Statutory Interpretation
Hiring a student provides you with an opportunity to hire a competent specialized tax professional upon graduation in May 2023 if desired.
Deb Kraft, Program Director