Guidelines for Funding Requests
The following is a list of priorities for Funding Grants. MEF is not restricted to funding projects on this list. However, the vast majority of Funds allocated should be towards these types of projects.
- Improved learning facilities
- Improved Teaching Assistants
- Improved Computing Services
- Other Lab Equipment
- Support for academic Math clubs
- Funding of classes that students want offered, which otherwise would be cut or not offered
- Projects of various departments/students with an academic purpose
- Guest Speakers
As the proposal sponsor, you or a representative must attend the MEF council meeting to answer questions that funding council members might have regarding your project. If for any reason you or a representative is unable to attend the council meeting, your request will be deferred until the following academic term. The on-stream Director will notify you of council meetings where questions may arise regarding your request
- All submissions must be accompanied by a formal estimate of cost.
- MEF does not guarantee funding.Requests for Funding are approved with a variety of factors in mind, such as the amount of funding available for a given term and the total number of requests made.
- If your project received funding from MEF, a series of “Accountability Guidelines” must be fulfilled.These guidelines will be explained after funding is granted.
- MEF reserves the right to defer any submission to the following academic term, due to time constraints.
- Members of the MEF funding council are not eligible to make submissions for funding.
By submitting a project funding proposal, you acknowledge that you have read through the guidelines and notes and agree to be bound by them.