Have a student coming to Waterloo?
Orientation isn't just a vital part of your student's transition to university life - it's also an opportunity for you to learn more about your changing role, and to get the information you need to best support your student during their first year at Waterloo. Orientation programming for Parents and Families is offered annually in the fall.
Parent and Family Newsletter
Subscribe to the Parent and Family Newsletter from the Student Success Office once per month. Stay up-to-date with information that can help you support your student before they arrive, as well as throughout their first year at Waterloo.
Faculty 101 Days
Faculty 101 Days are free, one-day programs that provide students and their families with the information they need to have a successful first year at Waterloo.
Parent and Family Orientation
As your student gets settled on-campus, attend a Parent Orientation session to learn about how to support your first-year student at the University of Waterloo.
- Learn about the important resources and services available and how you can support and assist your student in accessing them
- Understand your shifting role in your students’ experience throughout the university transition
- Engage with the supportive University of Waterloo community
Celebrate the beginning of your student’s university career! Join us for Family Send-off.
During the event, you'll:
- Receive an official welcome from the administration.
- Meet University of Waterloo faculty and staff.
For additional resources, please visit the Student Success Office.