Welcome to Renison Student Experience and Housing
Get involved in our vibrant student community!
At Renison University College, we have a vibrant student experience where everyone belongs.
Our Renison community includes degree students studying in our Social Development Studies program, School of Social Work, Culture and Language Studies courses, as well as our credit-free courses and English Language Institute. We are also proud to have our own Renison Residence!
Renison University College's residence is centrally located on the University of Waterloo campus. With just over 200 residents from all six of Waterloo's faculties, Renison's residence has become known for its small, intimate, and family-like community of residents making it an ideal place for incoming students transitioning to university life. Come and be a part of the family!
Joining our close-knit community means benefiting from outstanding opportunities for learning and scholarship through an interactive and inclusive environment. Students in residence live in truly a multicultural environment, where they will develop awareness, knowledge and skills for a globalized world.
What does Renison Student Experience & Housing do?
Renison's Student Experience and Housing helps our students in many ways!
- Access Support: Being part of a smaller community within a larger community is an awesome thing about being at Renison. One-on-one meet-ups and connecting with our team is one example! Your Renison student leaders are here to support you, too!
- Get involved: With our events and workshops, student volunteer opportunities, student committee opportunities, there's so many ways to be part of our community!
- Feel at home: If you lived at Renison, you would be home by now. Our Renison Residence is home to 214 students at any given time, with wrap-around support to help you adjust to your new surroundings.
- Access jobs: Whether you're a Peer Leader, Residence Don, Connection Desk Assistant, or a Programs Assistant, there are many paid leadership opportunities at Renison to help you build your skills.
- Find your way: The University of Waterloo can feel like a city within itself! Our Moose Tracks Connection Desk is here to help you with any questions you have about life at Renison and Waterloo.
Join RASC for an afternoon DIY of making your very own care package to help relieve your end-of-term stress!
What is it?
Take part in this DIY event hosted by RASC to create your own personalized self-care package! Join RASC to relieve your stress by picking the items you want in your own care package to reduce your end-of-term stress!
Enjoy a tasty holiday themed meal with friends and peers!
What is it?
Enjoy a holiday-themed dinner prepared by Renison Food Services with your friends, fellow residents, Dons, and Peer Leaders. You will have a delicious special meal served directly to the tables reserved for the holiday dinner.
Please note this event is only for Renison residents.
We are looking for eager UWaterloo students willing to help language learners practice their English during classes!
Congratulations to Tim Z and Tyler H for being Amazon gift card winners from our Residence Start-of-term Feedback Survey draw!
It's a new month, which means there are new things to see and do with Renison Student Experience and Housing! Check out our November events calendar to see how you can get involved with Renison events and activities, student leadership committees, intramurals, and more!