Hans De Sterck is a Professor in the Department of Applied Mathematics at the University of Waterloo and is currently serving as the Chair of the department.
His area of research is numerical methods for computational science and data science.
He is the Editor-in-Chief of the SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing.
- numerical optimization: convergence acceleration, nonlinear preconditioning
- numerical linear algebra: multigrid methods, parallel-in-time
- numerical PDEs: hyperbolic conservation laws, finite volume methods
- scientific machine learning
- applications in data science: tensor decompositions, social networks, data analytics
- applications in computational science: computational fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics, space physics
See publications on Google Scholar.