I am always looking for motivated students with strong background in power systems and control systems. The required skills for potential graduate students include:
- Background in LCC- or VSC-based HVDC lines
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink environment
- Background in control systems
- Background in power systems
- Experience with PSCAD/EMTDC
- Strong oral and written communication skills
If you are interested in working with me, you are welcome to contact me. Please attach the PDF file of your complete CV to your email. The email subject should be "Prospective Graduate Student-Admission Request". The body of your email should include:
- Your name
- Your degree information, e.g., university, country, graduation year and GPA
- Type of degree you are applying for, i.e., Ph.D. or M.Sc.
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- List of your publications
- your status in Canada, i.e., domestic or international student
Financial assistance for qualified students will be provided as a combination of research assistantship and teaching assistantship. You can specify my name in your application as the requested supervisor. Only those students who have applied through the online system and have the skills required for the open positions will be contacted for an interview. Due to the large number of emails I recieve, I won't be able to respond to all of them. Furthermore, since admission to graduate studies at the University of Waterloo is strongly competetive, I won't be able to discuss the chance of you being accepted into this program before all applications are recieved.