SUSAN L. TIGHE, PhD., P.Eng, FCAE
Deputy Provost, Associate Vice-President Integrated Planning and Budgeting
Professor, Norman W. McLeod Professor in Sustainable Pavement Engineering
Past President Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Tel: (519) 888 - 4567, Ext. 33152, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|SUMMARY OF PRINCIPAL ACHIEVEMENTS|
- Senior Academic with solid track record in research, teaching and leadership including professional experience in the public and private sector
- 2018, Fellow Canadian Academy of Engineering (FCAE)
- 2015-2019 Past President, President President Elect, Senior Vice President, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
- 2014 Inaugural Class, New College of Scholars, Royal Society of Canada
- Principal Investigator, 2013 Transportation Association of Canada Pavement Asset Design and Management Guide (Primary Pavement Design Document in Canada)
- 2009 Erskine Fellowship, University of Canterbury New Zealand, 2010 U.K. Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, England, Visiting Professor University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland Pavement Center
- 17 Best Paper Awards
- Canada Research Chair, Natural Science and Engineering Research Council, 2005 - 2015
- Registered Professional Engineer, Province of Ontario since 1995, (PEO), Winner of the PEO Young Engineer Medal, 2004, Premier’s Research Excellence Award, awarded for research excellence, 2003
- Infrastructure/Transportation engineer with 24 years of experience in highway and airport: pavement design, construction management, maintenance pavement evaluation, life cycle economic analysis and safety evaluation.
- Published: over 140 Refereed Journals, over 340 Refereed Conference Proceedings, over 8 Books/Manuals, over 125 Keynote Address and Invited Presentations, over 70 Technical Papers, 40 Conference Abstracts and 5 Other Publications.
- Record of Completed Supervision of Highly Qualified People: 19 PhD, 46 MASc, 7 Research Assistants/research technicians, 44 Co-op, 42 Undergraduate Research Assistantship, 5 Post Doc and 69 Student projects. All former students now hold research positions in industry, academia, or government.
- Current Supervision of Highly Qualified People: 10 PhD., 3 MASc, 2 Post Doc, 2 URA, 1 administrative assistant
- Board of Directors Member for an international pavement engineering company and the Saskatchewan Centre of Excellence for Transportation and Infrastructure
- Associate Editor of the International Journal of Pavement Engineering and the International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology
- Involved in several PhD committees both internal and internal/external and served as an external reviewer on over 30 thesis (both national and international)
- Supervised highway infrastructure construction on major freeways in Toronto; materials testing and construction inspection experience in geotechnical, bridges and pavements.
- Involved in the review of pavement design and management practices in Chile, China, India, and Africa, and held similar contract positions in Australia and New Zealand.
- Research funding over the past ten years as Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator over $20,000,000 Canadian dollars