Current Research Interests
Full-Depth Reclamation with Hydraulic Road Binders for Improved Pavement Performance
Academic and Professional Curriculum
- Jan. 2016 - Present: PhD candidate at University of Waterloo, in Civil and Environmental Engineering Department.
- April 2012 - Sept. 2014: MSc in Civil Engineering, with specialization in Road and Transportation Engineering from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
- April 2006 - Jan. 2016: Pavement/Materials Engineer at CORE Consulting Engineers Plc, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- July 2005 - April 2006: Graduate Assistant at Arba Minch University, Ethiopia
- Sept. 2000 - July 2005: BSc in Civil Engineering from Arba Minch University, Ethiopia
Award and recognition
- 2016: Graduate Research Studentship (GRS), Univeristy of Waterloo, (ON, Canada)
- 2016: International Doctoral Student Award (IDSA), University of Waterloo, (ON, Canada)
Eskedil was born and raised in Ethiopia. He got his BSc degree in Civil Engineering from Arba Minch University, Ethiopia in 2005. He did his masters degree in Road and Transportation Engineering at Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia in 2014. He had been working at a consulting firm for ten years before joining University of Waterloo as a PhD candidate in 2016. During his tenure as a pavement/materials engineer he had got involved in many road design and construction supervision projects in various echelons spanning from Laboratory Technician to Department Director.
In his spare time, Eskedil likes reading non-academic books, watching movies, playing with friends.