Current Research Interests
Climate Change Impacts on Roads
Academic and Professional Curriculum
- 2017 - Present: MASc Candidate, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 2017: Research Intern, World Bank/Federal Road Sector Development Team/FERMA, Nigeria,
- 2016: Research Analyst, Lyght Consults Nigeria
- 2014 - 2015: Assistant Resident Engineer, Federal Ministry of Works, Abuja, Nigeria
- 2008 - 2014: B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho, Nigeria
UW International Masters Student Award
Remi was born and raised in Oyo State, Nigeria. He completed a Bachelor of Technology Degree in Civil Engineering at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) in 2014. Upon completion of his program, Remi worked with the Federal Ministry of Works and the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency in Nigeria as a Graduate Civil Engineer. He also worked as a research intern with the team that pioneered the collection of Pavement Maintenance and Management System Data on Nigerian roads under the World Bank/Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) Road Sector Development Team (RSDT).
Remi is currently undergoing a master’s research program under Professor Susan Tighe at the University of Waterloo.
Remi also finds joy in implementing social intervention programs aimed at improving the well-being of marginalized persons in the society. He loves networking, traveling and learning.