Welcome to the Sedra Student Design Centre
The Sedra Student Design Centre consists of over 20 000 square feet of space dedicated to design teams and student projects. There are more than two dozen design teams, all of which are student-led, and many of which represent Waterloo internationally. It is the largest facility of its type in North America.
- 20 000 square feet of space across two floors exclusively for students, with a dedicated sanding bay, paint room, and garages for team projects.
- Dedicated CAD workstations for teams to develop their designs.
- Two meeting rooms for students' use, plus an open-concept work area for teams to collaborate on their projects.
- Home to Waterloo's 3D Print Centre, providing professional 3D printing and printed circuit board production capabilities to students.
- Adjacent to the Engineering Student Machine Shop, which provides students with training, advice, and resources on design projects.