An award, valued at $2,500, is provided annually to a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in Year Two, Three, or Four in the Faculty of Arts who is pursuing an entrepreneurial endeavour. Selection will be made on the basis of academic achievement (minimum 75%) and a letter (1-2 pages maximum) describing the student’s passion for entrepreneurship (eg., involvement in Velocity Residence, Velocity start-ups, GreenHouse, etc.). Interested students should submit an application by October 1. This fund is made possible by a donation from alumnus Mr. Tanveer Ali, (BA, ’09) who experienced firsthand how an Arts education can provide a solid foundation for success in the business world.
- minimum 75% cumulative average
- pursuing an entrepreneurial endeavour
- Complete the applicable term Undergraduate Award Application
- At this time we are only accepting applications for awards with Fall deadlines (September - December).
- The application for awards with deadlines in a future term will be available by the start of that term – please check back later.
- Complete a separate application for each award you wish to be considered for.
- Access the form on our Undergraduate Studies Forms page.
Please contact the Undergraduate Awards Assistant if you have questions about this award.