Student Awards & Financial Aid
Student Awards & Financial Aid provides financial support, information and advice to help students achieve their post-secondary goals. We administer and process:
- Government aid programs, including OSAP and out-of-province student aid
- Awards and scholarships
- Work-study programs
- Forms for all Student Awards & Financial Aid programs
Student Awards & Financial Aid staff are committed to assisting students with honesty, integrity and respect.
University of Waterloo support statement
The University aspires to identify students in need and ensure that all eligible students admitted to full-time undergraduate programs have the financial assistance necessary to complete their studies.
Find out more under Bursaries.
- Apr. 1, 2019
When will I receive my spring 2019 OSAP funding?
Student Awards & Financial Aid will confirm your enrolment electronically with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. We start this process 1 week before classes begin. Your OSAP funding will be applied to your student account and/or sent directly to you starting in early May. This process will continue regularly throughout the term.
What can I do to make sure I get my funding at the start of the term?
- Feb. 1, 2019
- Aug. 8, 2018
OSAP funding will be sent directly to the University to pay your fees starting Fall 2018.
How much OSAP will be redirected?
- OSAP funds will be redirected to Waterloo to pay the current term fees owing less any other anticipated aid listed on quest (e.g. scholarships, bursary).
- Any remaining OSAP funding will be deposited in your bank account.
- Allow a few weeks for OSAP payments to appear on your account summary.
What if I made a payment to my account?