Student Awards & Financial Aid
Student Awards & Financial Aid provides financial support, information and advice to help students achieve their post-secondary goals. We administer and process:
- Government aid programs, including OSAP and out-of-province student aid
- Awards and scholarships
- Work-study programs
- Forms for all Student Awards & Financial Aid programs
Student Awards & Financial Aid staff are committed to assisting students with honesty, integrity and respect.
University of Waterloo support statement
The University aspires to identify students in need and ensure that all eligible students admitted to full-time undergraduate programs have the financial assistance necessary to complete their studies.
Find out more under Bursaries.
- Sep. 13, 2018
Fall 2018 part-time funding certificates/agreements will start to issue the week of September 24.
Students will be contacted by email with instructions when they are available for pickup.
- Sep. 4, 2018
Thanks to a new process for processing Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) payments, Student Awards & Financial Aid (SAFA) disbursed nearly $45 million in OSAP financial aid in one day - and that was before the term even started.
Starting this fall term, OSAP funding will go directly to the University to pay student fees for OSAP recipients, and remaining balances will be deposited to student bank accounts (if applicable).
- Aug. 8, 2018
OSAP funding will be sent directly to the University to pay your fees starting Fall 2018.
How much OSAP will be redirected?
- OSAP funds will be redirected to Waterloo to pay the current term fees owing less any other anticipated aid listed on quest (e.g. scholarships, bursary).
- Any remaining OSAP funding will be deposited in your bank account.
- Allow a few weeks for OSAP payments to appear on your account summary.
What if I made a payment to my account?