An award, valued up to $1,000, is presented annually to a female student entering Year Four of an Honours program in which women are currently underrepresented. Preference will be given to students in the Faculty of Science, studying Physics and/or Chemistry. Additional programs include most Engineering programs, most Mathematics programs, and Economics, but are subject to change as the student population changes. Eligibility will be based on academic standing and demonstration of a sincere interest in and commitment to the area of study in which the student is enrolled. Interested third-year female students should apply by March 15. This fund is made possible by donations from friends and colleagues of Dr. Brisbin in recognition of her contributions as a former Chemistry professor and an Honorary Member of the University.
up to $1,000
- academic achievement (minimum 80% overall average)
- demonstrated interest and commitment to an area of study in which women are currently underrepresented
- open to female students only
- Complete the applicable term Undergraduate Award Application
- At this time we are only accepting applications for awards with a Winter deadline (January - April).
- The application for awards with deadlines in a future term will be available by the start of that term – please check back later.
- Complete a separate application for each award you wish to be considered for.
- Access the form on our Undergraduate Studies Forms page.
- Student Awards & Financial Aid
- The Centre, Needles Hall