A scholarship has been established to honour Mike Lazaridis, in recognition of his leadership as Chancellor of the University of Waterloo from 2003 to 2009. It will be awarded annually to an outstanding undergraduate student in the Department of Physics and Astronomy who demonstrates an interest in conducting theoretical research in Physics and/or Astrophysics. The recipient will receive fully-paid tuition in their 4A and 4B study terms and a paid one-term internship following 3B at Perimeter Institute in Waterloo.
fully-paid tuition in 4A and 4B study terms and a paid one-term internship following 3B at Perimeter Institute
- enrolled in 3B in the Department of Physics
- minimum overall average of 80%
- interest in conducting theoretical research in Physics and/or Astrophysics
- Complete the applicable term Undergraduate Award Application
- At this time we are only accepting applications for awards with Winter deadlines (January - April).
- The application for awards with deadlines in a future term will be available by the start of that term – please check back later.
- Complete a separate application for each award you wish to be considered for.
- Access the form on our Undergraduate Studies Forms page.
- A resume is also required.
Please also include in your application package:
- 3 letters of reference from employers, professors, and/or mentors
- an unofficial transcript printed from Quest
Please contact the Undergraduate Awards Assistant if you have questions about this award.