One or more awards, valued at up to $1,500, have been established by the Carold Institute in honour of Winifred Hewetson, to assist undergraduate students in second, third or fourth year of the Faculty of Arts or Environment who participate in a work term or field placement with not-for-profit organizations providing social services locally, nationally or abroad with little or no remuneration. Selection will be based on academic achievement (minimum 75% overall average) and the nature of the work/volunteer experience. Preference will be given to students who have been involved in extracurricular or volunteer activities in the service of others. Recipients will be asked to write a letter (1-2 pages maximum), upon return to UW, describing how their experience benefitted them and the organization or employer. Apply by March 15 for upcoming Spring or Fall experiences.
up to $1,500 each
- pursuing a work term in the service of others locally, nationally, or abroad with little or no remuneration
- preference given to students who have been involved in extracurricular or volunteer activities in the service of others
- Complete the Community & World Service Award application.
- Access the application on our Forms Page under Specific Award Application Forms.
- Note that the form is called: Community & World Service Award Application.
Please contact the Manager, Undergraduate Awards if you have questions about this award.