" "

Our immigration consultants can help you through the process of applying and renewing documents as well as understanding the international student regulations of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). If you have any questions or concerns, we recommend you speak with one of our immigration consultants.

Apply for or extend your immigration documents

If you're not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada, you must have a valid study permit to study in Canada unless your program is 6 months long or less or you meet one of the other exemptions. Also, before you travel to Canada, you need either a temporary resident visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter unless you are a citizen of the United States. Determine which authorization you need by taking a short IRCC questionnaire. When a study permit application is submitted outside of Canada, the TRV or eTA is issued with a study permit approval and is not a separate application.

Lost, stolen or damaged Canadian documents 

If one of your Canadian immigration documents has been lost, stolen or damaged, you can apply for a replacement copy by mail only. Most documents issued by Canadian immigration authorities can be replaced except for a temporary resident visa (TRV). You will have to apply for a new TRV once you have a valid passport and study permit.

Fixing an error or changing a condition on your document

If you think there is information on your study or work permit that should be changed, speak to one of our immigration consultants to help determine which application you should submit.

The immigration and border services officers have the authority to impose conditions of their choosing on permits. However, if your personal details entered on your study permit or work permit are incorrect, or a true error was made in the conditions or remarks sections that contradict immigration regulations, you could apply for an amendment for free by mail only, which would require you to send in your original, incorrect permit with the application. An amendment does not change the expiry date of the document. 

If you have met required conditions, such as completing an English language component of your program, and would like to have a restrictive condition removed or a missing condition added (e.g. on/off campus working conditions) you can apply to change conditions. This is an online application that follows the same process as an extension application. If your study permit is expiring soon, you can apply for an extension and a change of conditions at the same time in one application. 

Whether you're applying to fix an error or change a condition on your document, you need to explain your reasons for applying and provide the official documents proving the error or how you overcame a restriction.