Welcome to Waterloo Centre for Microbial Research
Explore and Exploit Microbes
The Waterloo Centre for Microbial Research (WCMR) is an institution at the University of Waterloo whose mandate is to promote research and education in the application of microbiological principles and techniques to address environmental, industrial, economic and human health challenges.
Members, with their diverse research interests and varying academic backgrounds, through the WCMR, come together to engage in collaborative research in which microbes, as part of aquatic, terrestrial, engineered and host-associated environments, are explored through;
• computational analysis of sequence data
• identification of constituent species
• annotation and identification of novel molecular activities
• development of synthetic biology applications
• engineering of microbial processes for industrial applications
• participation in international sharing
• standardization of big data.
The Waterloo Centre for Microbial Research as a group, plans to unify, catalyze, and promote multidisciplinary research which explores and exploits microbes, at the University of Waterloo.
- Dec. 3, 2018
In November 2018 MicrobiomeSupport had their official kick-off meeting in Ottawa Canada.
- Sep. 28, 2018
Landfills represent the world's fastest growing contaminated sites and are potential contamination origins of surface and drinking water systems. WCMR member Dr.
- July 24, 2018
Two tenure-track positions at the University of Waterloo are currently accepting applications.