Openness and transparency are hallmarks of successful universities.
As a publicly-supported institution, the University of Waterloo is firmly committed to accountability and transparency. Accountability is imbued throughout our university and occurs at operational and strategic levels.
Waterloo produces a series of accountability reports that are updated annually:
- Performance Indicators include 30 institutional performance measures that provide a high-level understanding of University activity.
- Strategic Mandate Agreement is an agreement between the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development and the University which identifies Waterloo’s strengths, its vision, mission and mandate and provides an understanding of how the University aligns with Ministry policies and goals. Strategic Mandate Agreement University of Waterloo Report Back captures a series of annually updated indicators that reflect this agreement.
- Strategic Plan and Accountability Framework (Strategic Plan in Action) map Waterloo’s strategic direction and progress towards achieving its goals and objectives.
- Audited Financial Statements provide information about Waterloo’s financial situation, as presented to Waterloo’s governance committees.
- Salary disclosure information offers Waterloo’s salary disclosure in accordance with provincial legislation.
Waterloo also produces a State of the University Report that highlights key information about Waterloo’s mission to be recognized as one of the most innovative universities in the world.
Information and Privacy outlines our respect and commitment to handling institutional information in accordance with the legislation and obligations as a publicly-funded institution.
Being open and accountable in setting goals and measuring accomplishments will remain top priorities as Waterloo earns its place as one of the world’s most recognized and respected universities.
This information is posted in accordance with Ontario's Broader Public Sector Business (BPS) Documents Directive.