Chair: Norah McRae, Associate Provost, Co-operative and Experiential Education
Secretary: Deb Iler, Executive Assistant, Co-operative and Experiential Education
Monitor progress related to the implementation of CEE review report recommendations and provide annual report to Senate and the Board of Governors.
Review reports from faculties/departments/schools related to the sustainability of co-op plans, ongoing or new.
Identify and assess best practices (at the university and elsewhere) related to co-op education, and highlight opportunities and support needed to enhance co-op at the University of Waterloo.
Provide oversight for co-op academic credit courses taken during work terms.
Identify strategies and actions to enhance a culture of co-op education within the university, especially for faculty and non-CEE staff.
Advocate and advise related to co-operative education at University of Waterloo.
Co-operative Education Council (CEC) will consist of the following members:
- The associate provost, cooperative & experiential education (chair).
- The executive director, Co-operative Education.
- The director, career action, Co-operative Education & Experiential Education.
- The director, employment relations, Co-operative Education.
- The director, student & faculty relations, Co-operative Education.
- An associate dean from each faculty.
- The vice-president, education, WUSA
- A student member from each faculty.
- The AVP Co-op Affairs, WUSA.
- The director, WIL Programs (non-voting member).
- The director, professional development for Engineering (non-voting member).
- The director, Work-Learn Institute (non-voting member).
- The director, Brand and Strategic Initiatives, CEE (non-voting member).
- The director, International Strategic Initiatives, CEE ( non-voting member).
- The director, CEE Business Services (non-voting member).
- The director, co-op service, Co-operative Education (non-voting member).
- Chair of council to be associate provost, co-operative & experiential education.
- Council to meet each term in March, June and November.
4. MEETING DATES
- Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 1 p.m.