Friday, August 2, 2019 by Magdalena Bentia
Take a 5 minute study break outside to try this 5 minute warrior workout!
Perform each exercise as many reps as possible for 20 seconds with 10 seconds rest in between. Repeat twice for a quick 5 minute workout!
- Feet shoulder width apart, with toes slightly turned out.
- Keep heels stay flat on the floor!
- For added difficulty, hold the squat for 5 seconds before pushing back up.
- Neutral back throughout movement – it should be a straight line!
- Squeeze your glutes to keep your core tight as you move.
- Get as close to the floor as possible – but don’t let yourself touch the ground!
- Maintain a neutral back throughout movement – if you are struggling to do this on your own, then have a partner watch to make sure you have good form.
- Flex all the muscles in your body, with emphasis on core and glutes.
- Walk back to a tall plank position. For added difficulty jump both feet back at the same time to the high plank position.
- Stand up to complete the burpee. For added difficulty, finish with a jump into the air.
- Don’t forget to keep breathing to keep blood pumping to your muscles!
- Use your arms to help with your momentum.
- Land as gently as possible to prevent risk of injury.
- Keep your core tight and your chest up!