For many students, finding academic success means reaching out to the supports and resources created with your best interest in mind.
One-size doesn’t fit all when it comes to academic support. Waterloo offers a variety of resources to match your unique learning style and needs. Maybe you want to try a few techniques on your own, and maybe you need the extra help with in-person or online support. University can be hard, so know that both are totally okay and that you can change your mind as your needs change.
It’s okay to ask for help to get your coursework and grades back on track. Start here:
Get help from a peer. Upper-year undergraduate and graduate students teach you key study skills and strategies.
Connect with a tutor. Get help on a specific course, strengthen your study skills and learn new strategies.
Use the undergraduate library resources. Study spaces, books and journals, tools and expertise.
Use the graduate library resources. Hundreds of databases, tools and a curated collection of resources.
Get help with writing. Brainstorming, planning, writing, and revision in all disciplines.
Do you know or suspect you have a need that requires academic accommodations?
Hone your skills and conquer your academic challenges by trying a few tricks and tips designed for DIY skill development:
- Manage your time in university
- Improve your note-taking and reading skills
- Succeed on university assignments
- Learning strategies and assistive technology
- Succeed on tests and exams
- Create effective goals
- Online learning strategies
- Academic integrity resources
- Writing and Communication Centre resources
Find the supplies you need right on campus.
Step outside your comfort zone and expand your world view. We've got you covered here too.
- Study abroad: Add some intercultural competence and other transferable skills while adding some adventure to your degree.
- 100+ student exchange programs in more than 30 countries.
- Earn a global experience certificate: Recognize your accomplishments in internationalization at home and abroad.
- Enhance intercultural interactions and develop language skills
- Co-op abroad: Where adventure meets experience. Broaden your horizons, discover new interests and learn how to thrive outside your comfort zone.
- 3,000+ work terms abroad in more than 60 countries
Come to Waterloo
Students from around the world come to the University of Waterloo on exchange or study abroad.
- Attend Canada's most innovative university (for the past 27 years)
- Have a unique international experience that's safe and supportive
- Make friendships and have experiences that last a lifetime