Drop-ins are cancelled for the remainder of the winter 2020 term.
Peer Success Coaching appointments are available via Skype from Monday, March 23 to Friday, April 3.
A Peer Success Coaching appointment is an interactive and collaborative learning process between you and a Peer Success Coach. Our Peer Success Coaches are upper-year students from diverse faculties and student populations.
In an appointment, a Peer Success Coach will help support your academic success by teaching you key foundational skills and strategies. The coaches provide various resources and learning strategies, and an opportunity to reflect on your academic goals, identify your learning style and develop a personalized action plan.
At the end of your appointment, you may decide to book a follow-up appointment with your coach or connect to another campus resource.
What skills can a Peer Success Coach help me develop or improve?
- Study strategies: Learn effective ways to study, improve your concentration, or understand how you learn.
- Time management: Create and follow a schedule, plan for study time and assignments, learn how to reduce procrastination, or set goals and priorities.
- Note-taking: Take useful lecture notes, or learn how to create and organize study notes.
- Reading skills: Learn how to read textbooks effectively, or how to skim and scan reading material.
- Test preparation and test anxiety: Learn test-taking strategies, plan study time, or how to manage test anxiety.
Looking for support in other areas? Check out a list of other academic and life wellness services on campus and what they offer.
Cancelling an appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your Peer Success Coaching appointment, please let us know 24 hours in advance. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-888-4567 ext. 84410. Be sure to include your name and date of appointment.