What skills can a Peer Success Coach help me develop or improve?
- Study strategies: Learn effective ways to study, improve your concentration, or understand how you learn.
- Time management: Create and follow a schedule, plan for study time and assignments, learn how to reduce procrastination, or set goals and priorities.
- Note-taking: Take useful lecture notes, or learn how to create and organize study notes.
- Reading skills: Learn how to read textbooks effectively, or how to skim and scan reading material.
- Test preparation and test anxiety: Learn test-taking strategies, plan study time, or how to manage test anxiety.
Looking for support in other areas? Check out a list of other academic and life wellness services on campus and what they offer.
Meet with a Peer Success Coach to create a plan for academic success. Our Peer Success Coaches are upper-year students from diverse faculties and student populations who can teach you key foundational study skills and strategies.
A Peer Success Coach appointment is an opportunity for you to:
- learn about various academic resources and learning strategies
- reflect on your academic goals
- identify your learning style
- develop a personalized action plan
At the end of your appointment, you can book a follow-up appointment with your coach or connect to another campus resource.
Cancelling an appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your Peer Success Coaching appointment, please let us know 24 hours in advance. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 519-888-4567 ext. 84410. Be sure to include your name and date of appointment.
Drop into a Warrior Virtual Study Hall to study with your fellow Warriors. Come together in this virtual space to set goals and work independently or in groups each week. Sessions are facilitated by a Peer Success Coach who will:
- Share weekly academic tips and strategies
- Provide support with setting and meeting study goals
- Help you increase your productivity and focus
- Be there to answer any questions you may have
Sessions are 1.5 hours long and broken down into 25 minute focused work sessions with 5 minute breaks in between. Use this time to stay on top of readings, assignments, and studying.
Learn about how to get set up for online learning so you can have a successful term!
We will discuss how to use your syllabus and other resources in your online course(s) to understand the expectations, how to set up your term and find a routine that works for you using a daily/ weekly schedule, and how to set up your study environment. Please come with your questions for our Peer Success Coach who will be able to share their experiences and strategies they used to be successful in online learning. This workshop is delivered online in the first month of the term.
This workshop will be facilitated by a trained upper year Peer Success Coach who can share their successes and challenges with online learning and answer any questions you may have when it comes to being successful in online learning. Please have your course syllabus, time management tools (ie. agenda or online calendars) with you for this workshop.