We can plan events, activities, and programs, but without the help and dedication of hundreds of student volunteers and leaders, they wouldn’t run as smoothly or be as successful. We love working with students and encourage anyone who would like to be more involved with the Student Success Office to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Peer Success Coach
Peer Success Coaches are upper-year students from diverse faculties and student populations. They facilitate one-on-one appointments and academic workshops to help students set personal learning goals and improve their academic skills.
These student staff:
- Create an environment that is empathic and non-judgmental
- Listen effectively and encourage active learning
- Personalize learning strategies to fit unique student needs
- Combine learning strategies with personal UWaterloo student experience
Benefits of becoming a Peer Success Coach:
- Develop confidence in your abilities
- Enhance your leadership skills by providing valuable support and resources to fellow peers
- Improve your interpersonal skills and promote positive change and growth
- Learn strategies for effective coaching
Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2016 at 11:59 pm.
If you’re interested in applying for this opportunity, please contact Shannon Leis, Academic Support Programs Coordinator at email@example.com.
Faculty 101 Days Logistics Volunteers
General Logistics Volunteers are accountable to the Program Assistant, New Student Transition and will work as a team with members of the New Student Transition Team, as well as with campus partners to ensure the successful logistical implementation of the Faculty 101 Days program for incoming UWaterloo students and their families. Students from any faculty can volunteer for Faculty 101 Days as a General Logistics Volunteer, and are preferably available to volunteer for multiple Faculty 101 Days.
Applications will be accepted until June 6, 2016 at 11:59 pm.
International Student Experience volunteer
The International Student Experience team (ISE) offers many opportunities for students to get involved with the international student community on campus.
- Be an International Orientation Volunteer
- Be a Global Representative
- Be an International Peer Community Volunteer
ISE accepts new volunteers every term, visit the International Student Experience site for application deadlines.