We have gathered an interesting mix of materials that others have created. We hope they will inspire you to share with the people in your life and to use as conversation starters about the things that matter to our wellbeing.
- Belonging, John Neufeld, Executive Director, House of Friendship, Kitchener (Keynote at KWCF Town Hall, May 2015)
- Humans Need Not Apply, CPG Grey, 2014
- Introduction to Upstream, Upstream: Institute for a Healthy Society, (2013)
- What is Social Innovation? Social Innovation Generation (SiG), 2013
- Making The Connections: Our City, Our Society, Our Health, The Wellesley Institute, 2012
- Generation Flux: Understanding the seismic shifts that are shaking Canada's Youth, 2012
- 23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?
- Association of Ontario Health Centres "Everyone Matters"
- Globe Village, Mostra "Beyond GDP"
- Hans Rosling: New insights on poverty, 2007
- Marcel Dicke: Why not eat insects? 2010
- Marilyn Waring "Making Women's Work Count"
- Nic Marks: The Happy Planet Index, 2010
- OECD World Forum in Istanbul 2007: Measuring and Fostering the Progress of Societies, Part 1
- OECD World Forum in Istanbul 2007: Measuring and Fostering the Progress of Societies, Part 2
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) "How's Life?"
- Saskatoon Poverty Reduction Partnership: "Della- Hurdles to Health"
- The Story of Stuff Project: The Story of Change
- The Story of Stuff Project: The Story of Stuff
Books and Papers
- Anielski, Mark. The Economics of Happiness: Building Genuine Wealth. New Society Publishers 2007.
- Association of Ontario Health Centres (AOHC). Measuring What Matters: How the Canadian Index of Wellbeing can improve quality of life in Ontario, 2014.
- Commission on Social Determinants of Health. Closing the gap in a generation: health equity through action on the social determinants of health. Final Report. World Health Organization 2008.
- Homer-Dixon, Thomas. The Upside of Down: Catastrophe, Creativity, and the Renewal of Civilization. Island Press, 2008.
- Meili, Ryan. A Healthy Society: How a Focus on Health Can Revive Canadian Democracy. Purich Publishing 2012.
- Michalos, Alex C. Essays on the Quality of Life, Volume 19 of Social Indicators Research Series. Kluwer Academic Publishers 2003.
- Mikkonen, J., & Raphael, D. Social Determinants of Health: The Canadian Facts. Toronto: York University School of Health Policy and Management, 2010.
- Raphael, Dennis, ed. Social Determinants of Health, Second Edition. Canadian Scholars' Press Inc. 2009.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. A New Way to Talk About the Social Determinants of Health, 2010.
- Rubin, Jeff. The End of Growth- but is it all that bad? Random House Canada 2012.
- Waring, Marilyn. Counting for Nothing: What Men Value and What Women are Worth. University of Toronto Press 1999.
- Westley, Frances; Brenda Zimmerman; and Michael Quinn Patton. Getting to Maybe: How the World is Changed. Vintage Canada 2007.
Wilkinson, Richard, and Kate Pickett. The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for Everyone. Penguin Books Limited 2010.